- Starting date : As soon as possible
- Number of positions available : 1
- Salary : 15 to 20 $ per hour according to experience
- Work schedule : 35 to 40 h - Full time
- Job status : Permanent
- Work shift : Day , Evening , Weekend , Work shift
- There’s a moment when it all comes together. When a complicated challenge turns into a creative solution. When a problem turns into an opportunity. We live for those moments.Here at Fuel, creativity is what drives us forward. We want the outliers. The non-conformists. The game-changers. And that’s where you come in. To transform the face of logistics, we need your help. This is not just a job, it’s a lifestyle. We want you to be excited about the work you’re doing and the company you’re doing it for. And if challenges arise? That’s ok – rise to the challenge. No two days are exactly the same and that’s what makes working at Fuel so gratifying.
Fuel Transport is presently expanding rapidly and looking for a Full-time Trailer Inspector for our garage located in proximity to Windsor, Quebec near Sherbrooke. The person selected will be responsible for inspecting all trailers and their components, documenting all inspections and work performed on trailers, and maintain a business relationship with customers or their agents, carriers and drivers.Rise to the challenge. Find your Fuel.
- Inspect and verify that trailers and components are in good condition upon arrival at the garage as per standards.
- Analyze and follow-up on component problems according to industry standards.
- Ensure side panels, lights and trailer wiring are in good working order to ensure their functionality
- Document and enter data, for work carried out on trailers, via computer software.Manage inventory control of all equipment.Maintain a positive and professional relationship with clients.
Skills & Requirements:
- High School Diploma with between 0-3 years of experience in manual labor.
- Bilingual (French/English).
- Experience in an industrial environment.
- Flexible to work Monday to Friday day evening; occassionally on week-ends.
- Knowledge of Trailer and Truck components.
- Intermediate computer skills, (MS-Office).
- Valid Driver's License - Class 5.
- Good sense of priority.
- Ability to perform physical/ manual work.
- Attention to detail.Organized, Autonomous.
- Punctual, flexible and reliable
- Familiar with C-TPAT regulations (asset).
- Familiar with SAAQ’s PEP program (asset).
- Valid Driver’s License - Class 1 (asset).
- DEP in heavy vehicle mechanics (asset).