Do you know SherWeb?
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest technologies in the IT field. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries trusting our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for the best talent! When you join our team, you’ll even be part of a company that’s been awarded Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency.
The Challenge: System Administrator, IT Infrastructure
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Cloud Services, you will be responsible for ensuring the management, maintenance and continued availability of our various virtual environments. This includes more than 5000 virtual machines used to offer hosted services (SaaS) to clients around the world.
· Guarantee availability and maintain performance of our physical and virtual environments
· Analyze and define the requirements and needs for new services
· Participate in the elaboration of proofs-of-concept for new services
· Help create procedures and documents
· Collaborate with the IT projects team to set up and improve projects
· Take part in major migration projects
· Occasional participation in advanced support and problem solving
· DEC in Computer Science or any other combination of pertinent training and experience
· 5 to 8 years’ experience in a similar role
· Experience in exploiting virtual infrastructures
· Bilingualism (English and French) written and oral will be considered an asset
Experience in one or several of the following areas will be considered an asset:
· Microsoft Hyper-V and/or VMware vSphere
· PowerShell Scripting
· Microsoft System Center
· Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Office 365
· Veeam Backup and Replication
· Knowledge of clusters and high-availability environments
· Experience in large-scale environments
· Experience in the replication of multi-site environments
· Operation of SaaS and IaaS services
You have the following skills:
· You enjoy working with others and you value team work.
· You have an analytical mind and you like problem-solving.
· You are attentive and detail-oriented.
· You are organized, resourceful and autonomous.
· You have a keen interest for new technologies and you enjoy learning.
· You are able to work in a dynamic, multi-task environment that is constantly changing.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
· Full-time, permanent job (40 hours a week)
· Flexible schedule
· Competitive salary
· Attractive Group Insurance plan
Other advantages: Opportunity to use the latest technologies, continuing education, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), reimbursement of membership fees to a professional order, stimulating and pleasant working environment, dynamic social committee, discount with a fitness centre, etc.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Do you want to achieve new goals and have the chance to leave your mark in a growing field? Become a member of SherWeb’s team. We’d be happy to meet with you to discuss your possible future with our energetic team!