Do you know SherWeb?
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest IT technologies. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries that rely on our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for top talent! Join our team to be part of a company that’s been awarded the Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency. Are you ready for the challenge?
The Challenge: Software Developer
Based in our Sherbrooke office (our company headquarters) or Longueuil office, you will participate in the development of software products and solutions for our corporate clients all over the world. You will be asked to work on the development of a new product for cloud security, specifically for email. Because SherWeb develops high quality products using the latest technology, it is able to contribute to its clients’ success. By positioning itself as a strategic partner for its corporate clients, SherWeb allows organizations to spend more time focused on their business. At SherWeb, IT is our business!
· Participate in defining the product architecture
· Participate in defining and developing product functionalities
· Develop the product in all phases of its lifecycle in an Agile environment
· Test, debug and ensure the quality of all deliverables
· Ensure established deadlines are met for all deliverables
· Participate in the analysis and development of new applications related to the targeted line of products
· Continually improve the applications developed and ensure they are well maintained
· Demonstrate your leadership in technical production and strive to deliver the best products to our clients, according to the established requirements
· Share your knowledge and your ideas with the team
· Collaborate with various teams within the company to ensure the product is a success
· All other tasks related to the company’s specific needs
You have a background that is similar to this:
· University or college diploma in Computer Science
· Minimum 3 years of pertinent experience in frontend and/or backend development
· Experience developing new and existing Web applications
· Knowledge and experience with Linux, web service environments and APIs
· Knowledge and experience with SMTP is a major asset
Knowledge of the following protocols and/or technologies will be considered a major asset:
· SOAP, HTTP, LDAP, MAPI, SMB, WebDav, Box Content API, SharePoint Restful API, Dropbox Business API, ShareFile API, Angular JS, etc.
You possess the following skills:
· You know how to code in a structured manner by respecting certain specifications, standards and deadlines.
· You are creative, ingenious and have an excellent understanding of business needs.
· You are competitive, results oriented and you strive to reach objectives.
· You favor sustainable solutions that allow us to produce high quality products.
· You are passionate, you keep your skills up to date and you are quick to learn new technologies.
· You are resourceful and imaginative in problem-solving situations.
· You are autonomous and you exercise good judgement.
· You favor teamwork.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
· Permanent, full-time job (40 hours a week)
· Flexible schedule
· Competitive salary
· Attractive group insurance plan
· Retirement savings plan
Other benefits: use of latest technologies, continuous training, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), payment of dues to a professional order, pleasant and stimulating work environment, dynamic social committee, discount with a local gym, etc.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Are you looking for a fulfilling job and an opportunity to make your mark in this rapidly-growing industry? We want to discuss your possible future as a member of our energetic team!
For more information on this job and to apply, go to the CAREERS section of our website. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.