Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Senior Buyer-Planner is responsible for analyzing the current supply processes to suggest and implement improvements and support the organization’s growth. The Senior Buyer-Planner will analyze and plan purchase orders from the suppliers under their responsibility while ensuring inventory control. They will also develop and maintain good business relationships with our suppliers by conducting monthly structured meetings (SPT), among other things. They may also be called to manage personnel.
- Analyze, recommend and implement best practices to ensure operational excellence;
- Introduce changes to engineering and new platforms by ensuring good PIPO execution;
- Plan for raw material needs and then define and implement best supply processes;
- Meet delivery schedules and follow up with suppliers;
- Help analyze, evaluate and select suppliers;
- Develop and maintain excellent business relationships with suppliers, subcontractors and in-house departments (Procurement and Engineering);
- Keep the Plan for Every Part (PFEP) up to date and ensure good deployment of the Kanban systems;
- Perform statistical analysis of consumables to define certain projections;
- Ensure the accuracy of master data in the manufacturing system (SAP);
- Support and manage the implementation of cost reduction projects;
- Ensure commercial agreements are suitably enforced with our major suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in operations management, industrial engineering, logistics or other fields related to the position;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environmen;
- Knowledge of the SAP manufacturing system (an asset);
- Communication, leadership and initiative skills;
- Ability to be a team player;
- Functional English skills (spoken and written).
Join us to sharpen your skills, further your career and contribute to both your and our success. Discover an authentic workplace where your talents can shine while working as part of a team that values who you are.
We want to hear from you.