- Reporting to the business line executive director – tracks & wheels, the selected candidate is responsible of developing all new products for all new applications and markets, as well as being responsible for current products maintenance;
- He or she is responsible to generate product and process innovations, which are necessary in order to maintain Camso’s position ahead of the competition, by always pushing the boundaries and capabilities of our products.
New product development and innovation
- Manage product development and their performance within the established lead times and budgets;
- Establish an intimate customer relationship with our OEM’s;
- Generate innovation within the team and maintain a constant outlook of new technologies and market tendencies;
- Clarify project scopes and objectives with internal partners like advanced technologies and the mixing division as well as with our external partners;
- Participate and influence the new product roadmaps with the help of the product line manager;
- Meet new customers and participate actively in the request for quote process, achieving customers requirements with our product offering.
New process development and tooling design and sourcing
- Maintain a constant outlook of modern technologies regarding manufacturing processes, and develop our strategy that will strongly improve our productivity and product quality;
- Manage new process developments within the established lead times and budgets;
- Lead the DOE analysis surrounding new processes in order to optimize process parameters;
- Launch new manufacturing processes in production flawlessly and first-time right;
- With the help of the engineering manager and the procurement manager develop the tooling supply chain strategy, constantly improving our costs and lead times.
Product validation and support
Establish yearly validation processes lead time improvement goals;
With the help of the validation team develop new validation processes around the laboratory, on simulators as well as in the field, achieving the yearly improvement goals;
Develop standard testing with our OEM customers in order to establish a legitimacy of Camso’s tests (ASTM principle);
With the help of the engineering manager participate actively to the improvement of our current products performance in terms of warranty and customer satisfaction (CIM process).
Team and R&D budget management
- Participate to the development of the strategic and the annual operating plans;
- Foster team development of his 6 direct reports and 4 indirect that are reporting to the engineering manager;
- Improve engineering processes (innovation management, product development processes (PDP), engineering changes, product validation, budget management, etc.);
- Maintain the priority list and associated workload in order to keep a healthy workload for his team, through the Clarity software;
- Participate to the portfolio process;
- Lead the weekly engineering team meeting.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or clear and demonstrated experience in the field;
- Minimum of 3 years in a manager’s role and 10 in engineering;
- Demonstrated success in a similar role in his career;
- Familiar with all engineering processes;
- Demonstrated engineering and statistical tools skills;
- Bilingual English and French (written and spoken);
- Travelling approximately 10% of the time;
- OIQ member will be considered an asset (Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec).
Attributes / Soft skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, is dynamic and motivating;
- Works with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects;
- Demonstrated business sense and customer focus orientation;
- Solid presentation skills and ability to simplify complex principles;
- Strong analytical capacity;
- Effective communication skills with peers, management, employees, customers, and vendors;
- Team player; works cooperatively with others to solve problems and willingly helps others.