Do you want to be part of a team that is making a difference in the world? Classcraft changes teaching on a worldwide scale by transforming the classroom into a video game. Students are work together, are more engaged and have fun at school! Classcraft has been featured in over 100 media outlets, including BBC, Engadget, Fast Company and Venture Beat, and now has over 3.5 million users in 75 countries.
We’re a great team looking for a someone with a communications background to join us. The position is full-time in Sherbrooke, Quebec. Please note that the position is a year-long contract to replace someone on maternity leave, but could lead to other openings in our ever growing team.
Qualified candidates should be outgoing, caring and have experience in communications and community building. We’re all very self driven positive people and as a result, we’re seeking someone who’s equally down to give themselves to their work and excited to tackle challenges head on.
- Be part of team managing a global community of teachers, students and parents playing the game Classcraft;
- Produce quality help resources;
- Actively participate in teacher forums and on Facebook and Twitter;
- Host webinars for teachers;
- Create training materials in video format;
- Contribute to the Classcraft blog;
- Proofread and edit copy;
- Respond to English language inquiries received via the public facing website, the game platform and the troubleshooting system, when needed;
- Help with other tasks, as needed.
- Have a pertinent degree (language or communication) or work experience;
- Demonstrates an excellent command of spoken and written English (5/5, 5/5);
- Demonstrates good knowledge of written and spoken French (3/5, 3/5);
- Enjoys working in a team;
- Is autonomous and takes initiative;
- Has a somewhat flexible schedule to accommodate webinars and clients in various global time zones;
- Is comfortable working with technology and learning new tools;
- Demonstrates creativity, dynamism, versatility and autonomy;
- Working knowledge of computer software such as Google Apps, Microsoft Office and/or Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
- Three weeks of vacation per year;
- Full health insurance, including dental, after 3 months of employment;
- The possibility to earn shares in the company.
How to Apply
If you’re interested, please send us an email at [email protected] with your resume and a brief description of your relevant experience. Cheers!