Do you want to be part of a team that is making a difference in the world? Classcraft changes teaching on a worldwide scale by transforming the classroom into a video game. Students are work together, are more engaged and have fun at school! Classcraft has been featured in over 100 media outlets, including BBC, Engadget, Fast Company and Venture Beat, and now has over 3.5 million users in 75 countries.
We’re a small, super efficient team looking for a someone with an accounting background to join us. The position is full-time in Sherbrooke, Quebec.
Qualified candidates should have a relevant university degree combined with at least 3 years of accounting experience. We’re all very self driven positive people and as a result, we’re seeking someone who’s equally down to give themselves to their work and excited to tackle challenges head on.
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Manage accounts payable and receivable functions
- Invoice institutional clients
- Reconcile receipts from online transactions
- Maintain accounting controls and prepare and recommend policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all financial reporting requirements for Canada and international
- Ensure compliance with all required sales tax obligations
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Perform office management duties
- Other tasks as may be required by management
- At least 3 years relative experience in accounting
- A pertinent degree
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Working proficiency with common software tools (Excel, Google sheets, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (5/5), working proficiency in French
- Ability to excel in a fast paced startup environment
- Passion for critical analysis and problem-solving
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Three weeks of vacation per year
- Group insurance coverage (including dental) after 3 months of employment
- The possibility to earn shares in the company
How to Apply
If you’re interested, please send us an email at [email protected] with your resume and a brief description of your relevant experience. Cheers!