Do you know SherWeb?
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest technologies in the IT field. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries trusting our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for the best talent! When you join our team, you’ll even be part of a company that’s been awarded Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency.
Are you a technology buff who thrives on stimulating challenges? We have just what you need! However, be aware that at SherWeb, you will be playing in the major league. Our state-of-the-art infrastructures are home to more than 400,000 Exchange mailboxes, 26 SANs, and more than 10,000 terabytes of storage space. What’s more, we are one of the only Quebec-based businesses to offer the opportunity to work on 22 different environments spread out on 6 sites and over 5000 servers. Being a system administrator at SherWeb involves a lot more than simply providing support to users: You will be working with a team of more than 50 experienced administrators with whom you will constantly be learning!
The Challenge: Computer Technician, IT Infrastructure (night shift with premium)
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Cloud Services, you will be responsible for ensuring the management, maintenance and continued availability of our various virtual environments. This includes more than 5000 virtual machines used to offer hosted services (SaaS) to clients around the world.
- Participate in advanced support and in the resolution of incidents and problems escalated by the team of Level 3 Technicians
- Conduct depth investigations into the root causes leading to improvements needed for our different environments
- Participate in the management of monitoring, updating and reporting tools
- Participate in projects aiming at improving and optimizing our network
- Perform all other related tasks based on the needs of the organization
You have a background that is similar to this:
- DEC in Computer Science or equivalent combination in training and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in system administration
- Good ability in troubleshooting
- In-depth experience in Microsoft system administration
- Ability to speak and write perfectly in both English and French
Knowing how to work with one of the followings is an asset:
- Microsoft Hyper-V and/or VMware vSphere
- PowerShell Scripting
- Microsoft System Center
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Knowledge of clusters and high-availability environments
You possess the following skills:
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are result oriented.
- You can quickly adapt to changes.
- You are organized, resourceful and can work independently.
- You have a thirst for knowledge and are curious.
- You like to analyze and solve problems.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Full-time, permanent position (40 hours a week)
- Flexible hours
- Competitive wage
- Night shift premium
- Beneficial group insurance plan
Other benefits: Use of latest technologies, continuing professional training, employee assistance program (EAP), refund of dues to professional corporations, stimulating and enjoyable work environment, dynamic social committee, discounts at a sports center, etc.
Entry Date: As soon as possible.
Looking for a fulfilling job and an opportunity to make your mark in this rapidly growing industry? We want to discuss your possible future as a member of our energetic team!
To obtain more information or to apply on this position, please visit the CAREERS section of our website. Only selected candidates will be contacted.