Veterinary Pathologist II
Posted by admin / in /
Sherbrooke, QC, CA, J1E 0B5
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We currently have an opening for a Veterinary Pathologists in Sherbrooke,(Quebec Canada).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluation and interpretation of assigned studies.
- Record pathology findings in data capturing system(s).
- Prepare complex reports delineating pathological findings and detailing all test article effects
- Interact with clients to assure satisfaction and to market services.
- May assist with necropsy supervision and may conduct necropsies, including gross pathology interpretation, sample collection and fixation.
- As needed, work with study directors to ensure data is accurately integrated into study reports.
- Provide training, technical guidance and leadership to laboratory staff and to less experienced pathologists, as needed.
- Provide advanced scientific expertise for experimental design and other aspects of research studies as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
WORK LOCATION: Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada
- Education: Doctoral degree (D.V.M./V.M.D.) from an accredited veterinary school, or acceptable international equivalent in veterinary medicine.
- Experience: 5 or more years of pathology experience post D.V.M.; specialized training and/or experience in toxicology pathology preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: American or European College of Veterinary Pathologists (A.C.V.P; E.C.V .P) board-certification required.
- Other: Able to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Has demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought; has a reputation as an emerging leader with sustained performance and accomplishment.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database software
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.