Team Leader – IT Service Desk
Posted by admin / in /
Global Excel Management Inc. specializes in controlling health care costs in the North American, Caribbean and Mexican health care systems. We provide cost containment, medical case management, assistance, legal recovery and claims adjudication services to leading international insurers, brokers, third party administrators, and insurance assistance companies.
You have strong leadership and analytical skills, extensive knowledge of business operating systems, and are adept at managing multiple priorities. You’re also passionate about customer service, are an excellent communicator, and have a positive attitude to resolving challenges. If this sounds like you, you would be a great addition to our growing company.
Global Excel is seeking a motivated leader to manage the Information Technology Service Desk team across multiple sites in providing technical support to the business and operational support to the IT Infrastructure team. The primary role of the Service Desk is to support the incident management process through a centralized point of contact and manage reported incidents to resolution, while ensuring that quality service and support for all applications and end user equipment are delivered to the business in a timely fashion.
What you’ll do:
• Manage the processing of incoming calls, track trends and analyze the performance of the team according to location;
• Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency;
• Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Technicians;
• Manage incident communication with the broader IT team to ensure efficient escalation and timely communication with the business;
• Develop, implement and maintain an Incident Response Standard in order to establish a baseline for all team members;
• Maintain proper procedures and infrastructure to ensure end user equipment is up to date across all sites.
• College degree in computer science or related field of study;
• Minimum 8 years of work experience;
• Team management experience;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in both French and English;
• Deep-seated experience with desktop and server operating systems;
• Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users;
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Global Excel Offers You:
• Three weeks of vacation;
• An extensive benefit package that includes health, dental, life and travel insurance, as well as a retirement savings plan;
• A flexible and supportive work environment;
• A company wellness program that includes an onsite gym, opportunities to participate in fitness classes, discounts at local businesses as well as “lunch-and-learns” on various topics linked to health and wellness.