Supplier Quality Engineer
Posted by admin / in /
Have you ever dreamed of acquiring expertise with regard to quality in new product development and to cutting-edge manufacturing processes? Don’t miss this opportunity!
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
- Have the chance to demonstrate your leadership and knowledge of quality in product development.
- Work with the product development and quality assurance teams as well as our supplier network.
- Contribute to the customer experience by detecting and resolving potential quality issues before mass production begins.
As a member of the product development team reporting to the manager, Supplier Quality Assurance, your main task will be to supervise suppliers and engineering teams to optimize the component development process from design to validation of new components while respecting established standards. In addition, your responsibilities will include the following:
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring the robustness of design, the quality of their manufacturing processes and the reliability of their quality assurance systems through all phases of development
- Assessing suppliers’ manufacturing systems and processes to identify risks
- Developing and executing action plans to mitigate these risks
- Ensuring proactive quality planning and the use of APQP processes (building quality from the ground up) according to development timelines for new systems and components of our new vehicles
- Overseeing quality from design to production
- Effectively communicating the quality assurance plan to other development teams
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial or metallurgical engineering
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in quality assurance in the manufacturing field
- Excellent knowledge of quality assurance tools and processes (APQP, DFMEA, Design for Quality, Six Sigma, DOE, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Minitab considered an asset)
- Mandatory bilingualism, written and spoken
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills
- Capacity for synthesis and analysis
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Willingness to travel