Residence Life Coordinator (bilingual)
Posted by admin / in /
Bishop’s University is seeking a qualified and dedicated individual to fill a temporary full-time position as Residence Life Coordinator in our Residence and Conference Services Department. Reporting to the Director of Residence & Conferences, the incumbent is responsible for develop a safe, healthy, and positive living environment which promotes academic and personal development for resident students. The incumbent will also develop and administer policies, standards, and procedures, in accordance with the operational goals and priorities of Residence Services and the University.
This position has a work week of 32.5 hours and requires flexible hours including days, nights and weekends. The working period will be from January 2019 to May 2020.
Nature of duties and responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates, implements, and facilitates educational and social programs in residence in conjunction with the RAs, SRC, Residence Services Team, and Student Affairs;
- Mediates any conflicts in residence between roommates, floor mates, or suitemates and addresses complaints;
- Administers a fair and consistent residence discipline program;
- Manages the Residence Activity Funds, allocating funds and approving expenditures;
- Mentors, supervises, and evaluates RAs;
- Assists with the publication of all residence-related materials;
- Meets with prospective students and their parents to answer questions or to address special requirements;
- Responds on-site to any crisis/emergency situation in residence;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a residence life position;
- Appropriate leadership skills, personal initiative, sound judgment and strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required along with a demonstrated knowledge of residence life issues;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French.
Classification: Class 12 $24.54 to $32.03 per hour (APBU – unionized position)
If interested, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, including what position you are applying for to [email protected] This position will remain open until filled.