Project Manager: Inclusive Mentorship Initiative (bilingual)
Posted by admin / in /
Term: This is a contract position with a mandate until March 31, 2019 with a strong possibility for renewal until March 31, 2020.
Language Requirements: Bilingual position; Fluency in both English and French
Hours of work: 28 hours/week
Place of work: Sherbrooke
Start Date: August 15th, 2018
Job Description: Conduct a pilot project to facilitate the integration of English-speakers (with a focus on recent graduates from area educational institutions) into the Estrie region’s public health system through the development of an inclusive mentorship approach to French-second language training for health care practitioners.
- Excellent organizational and networking skills;
- Leadership, coordination and interpersonal skills;
- Innovative, dynamic and hard-working;
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously;
- Ability to develop a detailed action plan and effectively communicate the initiative’s goals and objectives;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn quickly and efficiently other related tools (Ex.: Office365);
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Quebec’s health care and education systems;
- Familiarity with regional issues, demographics, and the English-speaking community in the Estrie region is considered an asset;
- An understanding of Official Language policies and Official Language Minority Communities is considered an asset;
- University degree in education, community development or equivalent experience (3-5 years). Other combinations of relevant training and experience could be considered;
- Demonstrate a mastery of the English language (written and spoken) and an advanced ability to communicate in French; translation from English to French/French to English (written and spoken) is considered an asset;
- Possess a valid driver's license.
Send an English letter of intent* and CV by Friday, August 3rd, 2018 to:
Rachel Hunting, Executive Director
By e-mail: [email protected]
*We thank all candidates for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted; applications received without a letter of intent will not be retained. Interviews will take place in Sherbrooke the week of August 6th, 2018.