Posted by admin / in /
Massawippi Retirement Communities (MRC) is a non-profit organization committed to providing essential nursing care for seniors, many of whom have experienced a loss of autonomy. At our new care pavilion, Grace Village, we strive to provide a rewarding team-based work environment that maximizes our staff's skills and experience.
Description of the Role
The Nurse Manager supports all aspects of nursing care to ensure standards of quality resident care and services are consistently achieved as required by the standards of the profession and established procedures of the residence.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for tasks relating to the management and coordination of Care Services staff and tasks relating to the direct provision of care to residents.
The Nurse Manager acts as a resource and coach to Care Services staff in the provision of care to residents. Contributing to the MRC quality management system, the Nurse Manager ensures compliance with legislative requirements (OIIQ and OIIAQ) and that best practices are established.
• BScN preferred
• Member in good standing of the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ)
• Three (3) to five (5) years of nursing experience, preferably in Long Term Care
• One-year supervisory experience
• Bilingual: English/French, verbal and written
• Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in geriatric‚ Long Term Care nursing (an asset)
• Functions well as a member of the interdisciplinary team
• Excellent computer skills MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)