Media Relations Specialist
Posted by admin / in /
Want to help build a truly innovative approach to education in a unique startup environment? Classcraft is rethinking what going to school means for millions of students around the world. By applying principles typically used in video games to the classroom experience, Classcraft is having a positive impact on many key issues facing today’s disengaged students.
Featured in over 100 media outlets, including BBC, Engadget, Fast Company, and VentureBeat, Classcraft now has over 4 million users in 75 countries and offices in New York City, Montreal, and Sherbrooke, QC.
We’re a great team looking for someone with a public relations and/or marketing background to join us full-time at our Sherbrooke or Montreal office. Qualified candidates should be outgoing, ambitious, and have strong knowledge of U.S. press outlets. Experience with education reporters and conferences is a plus. We’re all very self-driven, positive people and, as a result, we’re seeking someone who’s equally down to give themselves to their work and excited to tackle challenges head-on.
- Interface with reporters on a national level in the U.S. and Canada to develop Classcraft’s brand awareness and thought leadership;
- Generate local press for teachers who are having success in making a difference in their classrooms using Classcraft;
- Nurture and manage high-level relationships with key influencers and major brands in education to create cross-promotional synergies;
- Develop and execute thought leadership strategy that includes securing speaking engagements, award participations, and partnerships with other leaders;
- Develop thought leadership around the work Classcraft is doing to reimagine what the classroom can be.
- Has a pertinent degree (public relations and/or marketing) or work experience;
- Demonstrates an excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Demonstrates a good knowledge of written and spoken French;
- Enjoys working in a team, both in an office and with remote personnel;
- Is autonomous, responds well to feedback, and takes initiative;
- Adapts well to change and enjoys a challenging, fast-paced work environment;
- Has a somewhat flexible schedule to accommodate clients in various global time zones;
- Is comfortable working with technology and learning new tools;
- Has working knowledge of computer software such as Google Apps, Microsoft Office and/or Pages, and Keynote.
- Three weeks of vacation per year;
- Full health insurance, including dental, after 3 months of employment;
- The possibility to earn shares in the company.
How to Apply
If you’re interested, please send us an email at [email protected] with your resume and a brief description of your relevant experience. Both documents should be in English. Thanks!