Lead Designer (Art Director)
Posted by admin / in /
Want to help build a truly innovative approach to education in a unique startup environment? Classcraft is rethinking what going to school means for millions of students around the world. By applying principles typically used in video games to the classroom experience, Classcraft is having a positive impact on many key issues facing today’s disengaged students.
Featured in over 100 media outlets, including BBC, Engadget, Fast Company, and VentureBeat, Classcraft now has over 4 million users in 75 countries and offices in New York City, Montreal, and Sherbrooke, QC.
We’re a great team looking for someone to lead our design department full-time at our Sherbrooke office. Qualified candidates will work closely with Classcraft’s President to help manage the design team and lead the UX/UI of all the Classcraft apps, websites, and marketing collaterals. This is a critical strategic role in the company. We’re all very self-driven, positive people, and we’re seeking someone who’s equally down to give themselves to their work and excited to tackle new challenges head-on.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work closely with Classcraft’s President (Devin Young) to execute all design-related needs;
- Act as Artistic Director for the company;
- Manage the work of the design team, including task assignments, deadlines, quality review, etc.;
- Manage the design team as they
- Create wireframes for new features for the product or marketing teams (UX);
- Design according to the company style guide (UI);
- Conduct user testing, product testing, and quality assurance;
- Mentor members of the design team on best practices and how to develop their career;
- Participate in hiring and employee evaluation for the design team;
- Work with the executive team on company strategy
- 3-5+ years of experience working as an art director in an agency or design lead in a startup
- Previous management experience leading large groups (good communication, setting expectations, creating a strategic vision for the department, etc.)
- Ability to direct, collaborate, and speak critically on design, UX/UI, and content development with other departments
- Ability to frame delivery goals for a team, as well as review and edit with them, to achieve success
- Passion for critical analysis and problem-solving
- Clean and functional design aesthetic with strong attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment
- Previous experience or interest in gaming and/or education
- Marketing experience in addition to product development experience
- Three weeks of vacation per year
- The possibility to earn shares in the company
- Health insurance
- Relocation assistance may be offered depending on the candidate
How to Apply
If you’re interested, please send us an email at [email protected] with your resume and a brief description of your relevant experience. Cheers!