Human Resources Advisor (bilingual)
Posted by admin / in /
POSTING 18-09 (Regular full-time position)
Bishop’s University is seeking a qualified and dedicated individual to fill a regular full-time position as Human Resources Advisor. Reporting to the Associate Vice-Principal Human Resources, the incumbent is accountable for providing a full range of human resources advice and solutions to the Academic units of the University. The Advisor will be responsible for the effective human resources management and the interpretation of the Academic Collective Agreements.
The Human Resources Advisor will act as a resource person for the Academic units in relations to human resources activities, policies and practices. This position has a work week of 35 hours from Monday to Friday.
Nature of duties and responsibilities
- Provides advice to Deans on the interpretation and administration of University policies along with legislation such as the Human Rights Act and Quebec Labour Standards Act;
- Advises Faculty, Librarians and Deans on the interpretation of the Collective Agreements; including benefits and pension administration;
- Works with the Human Resources Advisor on Staff job analysis and job classification process, and supports the Academic units organizational development;
- Coordinates the administration of Collective Agreements with the VP Academic’s Office;
- Researches, writes policy, and develops new procedures to ensure best HR practices;
- Assists with the delivery of training sessions;
- Works collaboratively with the HR team;
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor degree in a Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field;
- Minimum five (5) years’ of related work experience;
- Experience working in a post-secondary environment is an asset;
- A CHRP designation is an asset;
- Strong communications skills both in both English and French (written and spoken);
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Strong ability to maintain positive relationships;
- Computer proficient with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent organizational abilities, and the initiative needed to carry projects forward;
- An understanding of Quebec legislation, including Pay Equity and Labour Laws.
Salary Range: M7 ($59,605 – $77,788) non-unionized
If interested, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, including what position you are applying for to [email protected].
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and testing may be required; thank you for your interest. We implement an equal access employment / program under the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies for women, visible minorities, ethnic minority, Aboriginal and disabled people (including the possibility of accommodation during the selection and pre- selection of candidates).