Housekeeper / Custodian (French 6/10)
Posted by admin / in /
Massawippi Retirement Communities (MRC) is a non-profit organization committed to providing essential nursing care for seniors, many of whom have experienced a loss of autonomy. In our new care pavilion, Grace Village, we strive to provide a rewarding team-based work environment that maximizes our staff's skills and experience.
Description of the Role
The Environmental Services team is responsible for maintaining infection control by cleaning and disinfecting resident rooms, service areas and common areas of the Care Pavilion at Grace Village. We are currently seeking applicants to join our team.
• Clean according to assigned schedules using appropriate cleaning and disinfecting methods and procedures
• Operate cleaning equipment and use appropriate cleaning tools
• Perform scheduled maintenance on cleaning equipment as well as equipment used by residents
• Clean and maintain all common areas in the residence
• Interact professionally and courteously with residents, staff and guests
• Adhere to established residence policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe work practices
• Assist team members in completing additional tasks, as required.
• High school diploma
• Work experience in commercial/residential/healthcare cleaning
• Work experience in a senior-living environment, an asset.
• Communication skills: English 7/10 and French 6/10
• Ability to read and follow instructions with minimal supervision.
• Ability to complete tasks efficiently and in a timely manner with attention to detail
• Adaptable and able to change routine as necessary.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
Work schedule may include days, evenings and/or weekends. Please attach your resume along with a cover letter and submit for consideration to [email protected]
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MRC applies an equal access to employment program.