Posted by admin / in /
Posting 18-13 (Regular part-time position)
In the following text, the masculine form applies to women as well as to men. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not representing an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Bishop’s University is seeking a qualified and dedicated individual to fill a regular part-time position as Facility Attendant in the Buildings & Grounds department. Reporting to the Manager of Facility Services, the incumbent will perform daily upkeep tasks such as facility cleaning, minor repairs and event set up. The incumbent will maintain facilities that will foster a culture of pride and ownership maintaining a clean and attractive environment (indoors and outdoors) conducive to productive work, learning and Health and Safety standards.
The weekly working hours for this position will vary from 30 to 37.5 hours as directed by the supervisor, and the working period will be from Sept 1st to mid-May of every year. Please note that the working schedule can vary depending on the requirements; which can include nights and weekends as necessary.
Nature of duties and responsibilities
- Cleans, sweeps, dusts, mops, and washes floors, walls, and windows;
- Scrubs, strips, seals, waxes, buffs, and burnishes areas and objects as required;
- Empties trash cans and other waste containers and carries them to designated areas for proper disposal;
- Brings the large recycling bins outside of building for proper disposal as per the established schedule;
- Washes and disinfects washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, hand dryers, paper dispensers, door handles and fixtures, mirrors, walls, toilet partitions, and dusts furniture and fixtures as required;
- Performs all tasks using the proper tools, equipment, and processes whilst ensuring compliance to health and safety procedures;
- Maintains storage and janitorial areas, equipment, tools, materials, and supplies in a safe and organized manner, and requests supplies in a timely manner to perform work adequately;
- Performs minor repairs & maintenance, and submits work orders as appropriate;
- Performs snow removal and distribution of salt on stairways and entrance ways into the facility
- Prepares rooms for events by doing set up /take down of chairs, tables, coatracks etc. according to set up plans.
- Changes clock time and batteries as required
- Oversees the overall security of buildings by providing aid in emergency situations, changing light bulbs, and safekeeping keys ring allocated to area of responsibility;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School or Professional diploma (DES/DEP);
- 1 to 3 years of similar experience;
- Basic knowledge of English and French;
- Heavy and medium exertion.
Classification: Class 5 $18.28 to $23.16 per hour (APBU – unionized position)
If interested, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, including what position you are applying for by November 18th 2018 before 4:00 pm to [email protected].