Posted by admin / in /
Established in 1836 in Quebec, Canada, Bishop’s College School (BCS) is an IB World School offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and certificates. With a campus bordered by farmland and rolling hills on one side and by the city of Sherbrooke on the other, BCS is a small, welcoming community and a “home away from home” to students from 37 different countries. We create a caring community of learning and development where cultures connect and individuals matter. By embracing a rigorous yet supportive academic program and a well-rounded education that includes athletics, the arts, leadership and development, and global citizenship, BCS is preparing students to become tomorrow’s leaders. We offer a Bilingual Option (English and French), as well as the Duke of Edinburgh's Award program, and are a proud member of Round Square, through which students can go on exchanges and volunteer abroad.
The Development Manager works closely with the Director of Advancement and provides leadership for the Advancement Team and manages the annual friend-raising and fundraising programs. The Development Manager’s focus is to engage current and past parents, alumni and friends to meet the school’s annual fundraising objectives and to grow and deepen the culture of philanthropy within the school community.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Plan, execute and manage all aspects of BCS Annual Fund, including identifying and executing on opportunities for growth in participation and Annual Fund leadership giving ($1,000-$10,000)
- Collaborate with the Director to establish goals, objectives and strategies for advancement projects and donor groups
- Oversee the donor stewardship programme for donors including donor recognition initiatives and events, reporting and thank you letters
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Manager to develop, distribute and maintain Annual Fund communication materials (annual appeals, thank you letters, brochures, the report on giving, etc) and provide content for the website, school community portal and directories as required
- Build relationships with students, parents, alumni, staff and faculty members, volunteers and community partners to enhance the School’s culture of philanthropy
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the school’s special events in support of annual priorities
- Oversee and manage daily activities of the Advancement Team (Research and Stewardship; Alumni and Events; Corporate and community relations; Database management and Donation processing; Archives)
- Manage the implementation of an Alumni Program to encourage active engagement in activities and giving to programs at BCS; plan, manage and attend alumni related events
- Oversight and management of the budget and provides budget recommendations on toDirector of Advancement each year
- Perform other job-related duties as assignedEducation and Experience
- Appropriate degree with a minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising
- A demonstrated ability to handle complex tasks, formulate plans, carry outobjectives and interact effectively with individuals
- Proficiency in written communication, creativity and well developedorganizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and effectivelywith a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Experience in managing a team, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, work wellunder-pressure
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. A resume and letter of interest should be sent by June 29, 2018 to:
Bishop’s College School
80 Moulton Hill, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M [email protected]