Cook (knowledge of French)
Posted by admin / in /
A 5-star Relais & Châteaux lakeside inn, Manoir Hovey is looking for a Cook to join the award-winning team at Le Hatley Restaurant.
Le Hatley Restaurant was recently awarded a score of 16/20 and 3 toques in the Gault & Millau 2017 Gastronomic Guide, in which Chef Francis Wolf was also named "Young Talent of the Year".
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, the Chef de Cuisine or the Sous-Chef, the Cook prepares and dispatches the dishes for his or her section.
- Prepares, finishes dishes during the service and ensures the supply of dishes during the service
- Arranges and garnishes food on plates or dishes
- Controls product quality and freshness
- Clears his department after the service and cleans the place and the work instruments
- Is responsible for the respect of the rules of hygiene (HACCP) for his/her section
- Avoid waste and loss of raw materials
- Respects environmental commitments
- Very good knowledge of products, recipes, various culinary techniques
- Very good knowledge of conservation, processing, cooking and presentation techniques
- Knowledge of English and French
- Diploma in restoration completed
- Experience in fine dining restaurant