Community Festival Coordination Assistant
Posted by admin / in /
Do you like event planning?
Are you interested in arts and culture?
Are you interested in working with a non-profit organization?
Townshippers’ Association is looking for a University-level student of Communications, Event Management or Arts Administration to work as a Community Festival Coordination Assistant for the summer of 2019. This is a full-time 11-week position, beginning on Monday, June 17th, 2019.
• Assist with event planning, group registration and volunteer support;
• Development of festival promotion materials for targeted demographics;
• Membership promotion and support activities;
• Attend meetings of, and provide support to the Townshippers Festival organizing committee;
• Duties related to the organization of Townshippers Festival as well as other cultural activities happening throughout the summer;
• Other administrative tasks as required.
Possession of a valid driver’s license and vehicle are considered an asset.
Applications are welcome from women, persons with disabilities, visible and linguistic minorities or Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must be registered on the Young Canada Works website* and be returning to full-time studies in the Fall 2019 semester.
Send a cover letter** and CV, in English, by Friday, May 17th, 2019 to:
Rachel Hunting, Executive Director
By e-mail: [email protected]
*More information about Young Canada Works eligibility requirements can be found at https://young-canada-works.canada.ca/Account/Register
**Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered