Communications and Outreach Assistant
Posted by admin / in /
Do you like to write?
Are you organized? Creative?
Are you interested in working with a non-profit organization?
Townshippers’ Association is looking for a University-level student of Communications, Administration or English Studies to work as a Communications and Outreach Assistant for the summer of 2019. This is a full-time 11-week position, beginning on Monday, June 17th, 2019.
• Assist with the creation of communications and promotional material dedicated to the English-speaking minority living in the Eastern Townships;
• Maintenance of websites and the digitization of the Association’s press clippings;
• Assist with the creation, and editing of, publications related to English-speaking community cultural activities and festivals and other Association activities;
• Digitize the Association’s press clippings;
• Maintain the Association’s image bank;
• Help the Association to maintain a regular online presence in terms of social media;
• Support the volunteer membership in developing its recruitment campaign;
• Other administrative tasks as required.
Possession of a valid driver’s license and vehicle are considered an asset.
Applications are welcome from women, persons with disabilities, visible and linguistic minorities or Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must be registered on the Young Canada Works website* and be returning to full-time studies in the Fall 2019 semester.
Send a cover letter** and CV, in English, by Friday, May 17th, 2019 to:
Rachel Hunting, Executive Director
By e-mail: [email protected]
*More information about Young Canada Works eligibility requirements can be found at https://young-canada-works.canada.ca/Account/Register
**Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered