Local Project Manager, Community Learning Centre
Posted by admin / in /
Local Project Manager, Community Learning Centre (CLC)
Principals, ADS and DES Elementary schools
The primary purpose of this position is to implement a Community Learning Center (CLC) and collaborate with the development of CLCs throughout the English speaking communities in Quebec.
Under the general supervision of the School Principal and support from the Project Director of the Provincial Resource Team (PRT) at LEARN, the Project Community Liaison manager is responsible for developing partnerships, coordinating the CLC Local Partnership table and providing meaningful learning opportunities for students, families and the community at large.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the Local Partnership Table, the Local Project Manager will develop partnerships to support programs addressing academic enrichment, recreation and social service needs for students, parents and the community;
- Mobilize school and community;
- Develop and maintain strong and positive relationships with the school community (students, families, teachers and
- Survey and access community needs and strengths for meeting needs at the CLC;
- Identify and connect with appropriate local community providers and government agencies;
- Coordinate and facilitate recruitment and supervision of Activity Leaders;
- Secure special funding and assist with project planning;
- Meet regularly with CLC Partnership Table, school/centre staff and appropriate community providers;
- Attend Provincial networks of Local Project Managers;
- Organize and maintain personnel records and documentation as required;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience in managing budgets
- Experience in supervision of staff and volunteers;
of agencies, community groups and programs;
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with other CLC Local Project Managers;
- Group facilitation skills;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a university degree in a related field;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in program development.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills in both French and English;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Competency in using Word, Excel and database programs.
- Work is normally performed in an office environment and/or at other locations as deemed necessary;
- May require occasional early morning, weekend or evening work.
STARTING DATE October 2018
SALARY As per the Regulation Respecting Certain Conditions of Employment of Senior Staff of School
Boards (Class 2).
Please send your application in writing by 16h00 on October 29, 2018 to:
Director of Human Resources ETSB Human Resources 340 Saint-Jean-Bosco Magog,QC J1X1K9 FAX: (819) 868-3821
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.