Analyst- Programmer / Integrator
Posted by admin / in /
POSTING 18-34 (Regular full-time position)
In the following text, the masculine form applies to women as well as to men. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not representing an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Bishop’s University is seeking a qualified and dedicated individual to fill a regular full-time position as an Analyst- Programmer / Integrator in the Information Technology Services department. Reporting to the ITS Operations Manager, the incumbent will analyse, integrate, develop, maintain, evolve, and support the University’s information systems. This position has a work week of 32.5 hours from Monday to Friday.
Nature of duties and responsibilities
- Manage system implementation projects to meet project objectives.
- Review, evaluate and formulate project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Analyse requests from users to clarify and formalize objectives, scope, and expectations and applies appropriate actions and/or recommends course of action;
- Write technical specifications for call for tenders.
- Plan and realize the development required to build new software components or to improve / transform existing ones;
- Identify and negotiate schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
- Organize and coordinate the deployment, and participates in implementation of programs;
- Contribute to Bishop’s IT evolution by tracking emerging technologies to determine their maturity and applicability to the University; recommending their introduction and/or training sessions when applicable;
- Liaise with the infrastructure team regarding the management of the database management systems, database instances, backups, security access, and performance issues for all centralized databases;
- Coordinate actions of others related to programming and integration projects to ensure their successful delivery in quality and in time;
- Provide support to the ITS client services team;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience interpreting and clarifying business and/or functional requirements in order to propose IT solutions from off the shelf products and develop interfaces with existing systems.
- Extensive experience in IT system implementation project management
- PMP certification would be an asset
- Experience as a Senior Analyst or Senior Programmer
- Experience developing web applications using ASP.NET, C#, and the .NET Framework in a Microsoft environment.
- Fluent knowledge of English and working knowledge of French;
- Proficient with the current Microsoft development Platforms including:
- Visual Studio, VB.NET, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015, SharePoint, MSSQL Server 2008 R2/2012
Classification: Class 16 $30.14 to $39.33 per hour APBU – unionized position
If interested, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, including what position you are applying for to [email protected]. This positon will remain open until filled.
Per the Collective Agreement, priority will be given to qualified internal applicants. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and testing may be required; thank you for your interest. We implement an equal access employment / program under the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies for women, visible minorities, ethnic minority, Aboriginal and disabled people (including the possibility of accommodation during the selection and pre-selection of candidates)