Advisor, Technical Service and Business Development (bilingual)
Posted by admin / in /
3R Tiles designs and manufactures innovative metal architectural tiles for exterior walls and roofs for institutional, commercial and residential buildings. These products offer great freedom of creation for architects who select them for modern and signature projects.
The company is growing rapidly and is looking for a technical advisor who will be involved in business development work. Business development activities focus mainly on architects.
While the majority of construction projects using 3R Tiles are in Québec, the products have caught the attention of numerous architectural firms and design publications in the rest of Canada and the United States. We foresee a diversification in our markets in the coming years, which will provide members of our team with attractive professional development opportunities.
Our priority is to raise awareness of 3R Tiles products among the most influential Canadian architectural firms. We are first targeting Montreal firms, which are among the most creative in the country, and we are also actively working on becoming known among architects in the Toronto area.
This is a full-time or part-time position, in the case of a student completing his or her studies in 2019 and available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week. The advisor will be working in the company’s offices in Sherbrooke.
He or she will be responsible for the following tasks, among others:
• Responding to technical questions from architects and general contractors about 3R Tiles products.
• Soliciting architects’ offices to schedule meetings for presentations.
• Assisting architects in the technical specification process of the company’s products.
• Collaborating in the preparation of submissions for general contractors or installers who must supply the tiles specified by the architects.
• Offering support in the projects with architects, general contractors and installers during the design, management and construction processes.
• Documenting the exchanges with the architects, and the technical specification process in customer management software and company projects.
Complete training will be provided after hiring.
• Business acumen
• Entrepreneurial attitude, keen on making a unique contribution to the growth of a small business
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner
• Superior ability to listen to clients’ needs
• Natural instinct for finding solutions and problem solving
• Superior interpersonal skills and team work
• Intellectual curiosity
• Attention to details
Other skills and experience
• Comfortable with using office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willing to learn new information technologies
• Construction experience and knowledge of building envelope systems would be an asset. The ability and wish to learn would be even more important assets.
• Collegiate or university studies completed or to be completed in 2019. We are especially interested in meeting with candidates who have graduated or are in their final year of:
– Technical architecture
– Engineering, particularly building engineering or construction management
– Other training, pertaining to construction
– MBA or Business Management Program