Admissions Officer (bilingualism or more than two languages an asset)
Posted by admin / in /
The Position Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Officer will respond to inquiries, coordinate interviews of prospective students, test candidates, aid in the evaluation of admission files and co-ordinate admissions activities, including individual and group visits. The Officer participates in enrolment management related tasks as assigned throughout the year.
• serve as an initial source of information about BCS and the admissions process for prospective students and families
• respond to phone calls and emails directed to the Admissions Office
• greet prospective families and other visitors to the school
• manage applicant files from inquiry through to enrolment, including scheduling tours, interviews and testing with prospective and applicant families
• represent the school at Montreal and local school fairs
• direct and lead the Student Ambassador program
• coordinate content for admissions communications such as Summer Mailing and other pieces for current and prospective families
• assist in the planning and delivery of admissions information sessions, testing sessions and other admissions-related events
• maintain guest lists and RSVPs for all admissions events & open houses
• work with Marketing Communications Officer to ensure that admissions information is updated regularly with respect to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter
International student recruitment is a key aspect to this position. Working in collaboration with the Director and Associate Director, the Admissions Officer will be responsible for fostering and establishing admission markets for BCS throughout the world. Work in this area includes:
• evaluate potential international admission markets • travel throughout the year to support admission of students to all BCS programs • maintain relationships with educational consultants, school officials and parents of international students • plan international admission events
Qualifications, Education and Experience • Bachelor’s degree • Significant experience in admissions administration preferred with boarding school experience an advantage • Proven ability in the use of social media, web design and databases for supporting effective marketing and department efficiency. • Strong written and verbal skills required • Bilingualism and/or a third language an asset • Strong organizational and interpersonal skills • Flexibility in scheduling – extensive travel for recruiting off campus, nationally and internationally required. • Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Blackbaud database software.
The Process This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package and is expected to partake in the boarding program. A resume and letter of interest should be sent by February 9, 2019.
Human Resources Bishop’s College School 80 Moulton Hill, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1Z8 [email protected]
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.